Can someone experienced please check my Anschreibung?
Hi there. I have been applying for internships for 6 months now and so far rejections from all. I was wondering if something is wrong with my motivational letter and CV. Could somebody please check my motivational letter? I would be grateful-
Can you tell me if you’re applying from Germany or some other country ? Also can you please attach your motivational letter and cv to this question or send us a link for us to take a look at it.
If you don’t want to share your cv or motivational letter you can also take a look at this question for help. The CVs in this question are related to computer science, but might give you an idea.
The best would be to share your cv for us to take a look and help out since we don’t know what field you’re in.
Hello Abdullah Bhai
Here are the link for everyone who is interested in helping. I am really grateful
Tips On CV ?
There is a major problem in your CV. All the things you’ve mentioned under the company names are just catchy phrases but doesn’t explain exactly what you did in those companies. What was your task and what did you do in that task ?.
For example under the heading PRODUKTIOSNHELFER you wrote Bedienen von Maschinen. Also if you take a look at the BÜRO-ASSISTANT you wrote Buchhaltung. This doesn’t tell me anything what you were doing in Buchhaltung at the company. What exactly were your responsibilites.
This doesn’t tell the employer anything about what exactly were you trying to achieve by operating the machine. So I’ll recommend you the following.
- Make your CV more clear about what you did on your job instead of writing catchy phrases.
- Keep your CV short, instead of writing 10 bullet points, focus on writing 2-5 points explaining your major role in the company. Problems you solved.
- Make sure there are no spelling mistakes in your CV.
If you need a reference to how a CV should like, refer to the question I mentioned before for help.
Tips On Cover letter ?
Your cover letter looks fine but I’ll just give some general tips here.
- Make sure your cover letter is aligned with the job description. For e.g. tell them about the related jobs/experiences you have in your past. This shows them you already worked in the same field and might be a useful experienced candidate to apply.
- Mention your motivation ( I saw you already did that which is good ). Where do you see yourself in the future ? What do you want to become ( Director of Accounting maybe ) ? And how this job will help you to achieve that goal.
- Personally, I am against using the phrases like ( I’m punctual and I do my job great ). These kinds of phrases are quite general and everyone can write them. You’ve to be logical on why you’re the right person for e.g as I mentioned in point number 1 where you’re being logical in explaining why you would be the best for the job.
I hope this helps. Let me know if you’ve further queries.