Unemployment benefits in Germany

Hi everyone,

I would appreciate if you share your information regarding unemployment benefits!

I am on job visa (code 18) and it is almost two years that I work in Germany. Now that my contract ends, the Auslanderamt will give me six months “job search visa”. Knowing that I still don’t have permanent residence permit, am I eligible to benefit from unemployment benefits or not?

Any info would be highly appreciated!
Many thanks in advance

Add Comment
1 Answer(s)

You can apply for Niederlassungserlaubnis after 21 month of full time job provided you have a degree from German University and have a B1 German certificate.

Neubee Answered on November 29, 2018.
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.